Motus Strength Ltd - CFWE PARQ and general waiver
Pre exercise questionnaire:
If you are between the ages of 15 and 69 this PAR Q will tell you if you should check with your doctor before you significantly change your physical activity patterns. Please answer by circling either the YES or NO answer for each question (please answer all questions as prompted).
YES to more than one question - you should consult your doctor to clarify that it is safe for you to become physically active at this current time and in your state of health.
NO to all questions - it is reasonably safe for you to participate in physical activity.
Participants involved in any activities offered by Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End may be photographed or videotaped during training. The undersigned hereby consents to the use of these photographs and/or videos without compensation, on the Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End website, Instagram feed or in any editorial, promotional, social media or advertising material produced and/or published by Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End:
Waiver and Release of Liability:
Express assumption of risk: I, the undersigned, am aware that there are significant risks involved in all aspects of physical training. These risks include, but are not limited to:
falls which can result in serious injury or death;
injury or death due to negligence on the part of myself, my training partner, or other people around me;
injury or death due to improper use or failure of equipment;
strains, sprains, fractures and joint dislocations:
I am aware that any of these above mentioned risks may result in serious injury or death to myself and/or other trainee/s. I willingly assume full responsibility for the risks that I am exposing myself to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in any activity or class while at or under the direction of Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End.
I am aware of the nature of CrossFit training and that my participation will include strenuous and demanding exercise techniques that will include, but are not limited to, weightlifting, gymnastics and high intensity protocols. I declare that this is understood by myself and I enter into training under my own free will.
I, the undersigned, also acknowledge that I have no physical impairments, injuries, or illnesses that will endanger me or others.
Release: I, the undersigned hereby release Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End, their principals, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including those allegedly attributed to the negligent acts or omissions of the above mentioned parties. This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns, or transferees. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, I agree that the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full legal force and effect.
If I am signing on behalf of a minor child, I also give full permission for any person connected with Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End to administer first aid deemed necessary, and in case of serious illness or injury, I give permission to call for medical and or surgical care for the child and to transport the child to a medical facility deemed necessary for the well being of the child.
Indemnification: The participant recognises that there is risk involved in the types of activities offered by CrossFit Worlds End . Therefore the participant accepts financial responsibility for any injury that the participant may cause either to him/herself or to any other participant due to his/her negligence. Should the above mentioned parties, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to reimburse them for such fees and costs. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End, their principals, agents, employees, and volunteers from liability for the injury or death of any person(s) and damage to property that may result from my negligent or intentional act or omission while participating in activities offered by Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End, at the main building or abroad. This includes but is not limited to parks, recreational areas, playgrounds, areas adjacent to main building, and/or any area selected for training by Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End.
I have read and understood the foregoing assumption of risk, and release of liability and I understand that by signing it obligates me to indemnify the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property caused by my negligent or intentional act or omission. I understand that by signing this form I am waiving valuable legal rights. I also declare that I have completed the pre-exercise questionnaire accurately and informed Motus Strength/CrossFit Worlds End of all requested information.
Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
In the past month, have you had a chest pain when you are not doing physical activity?
Do you loose balance because of dizziness or do you ever loose consciousness?
Do you have a bone or joint problem (e.g, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
Is your doctor currently prescribing medication for your blood pressure or a heart condition?
Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
Motus Strength Ltd - CFWE Membership terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all customers purchasing CrossFit Worlds End membership packages.
The membership package is a 12 month contract consisting of 12 monthly payments. The contract may be cancelled at any time during the 12 month period with a 30 day notice period being in effect (please see termination details below). Payments will be taken taken by automatic card billing using the card used at the initial point of sale, the details of which will be securely stored with our merchant service. Payment transactions will proceed on the same day each month as the day of initial purchase.
Customer responsibility. It is the sole responsibility of each Motus Strength Ltd customer to ensure that their card details remain up to date and hold sufficient funds in order for the monthly payments to process. Any declined transactions will incur immediate suspension of services.
Where payment has been delayed, declined or interrupted in any way, the contract will still operate and payment will still be due from the original monthly date of renewal. Payments will continue to be due on this rolling monthly date unless the contract is terminated using the correct procedure as outlined below.
Termination/cancellation of membership:
A 30 day notice period is required for termination of all membership contracts. Any monthly renew payments that fall within this period, if notice of termination is given, will still be due.
Membership may be terminated by the customer if Motus Strength Ltd receive written (including email) notice or if the customer manually terminates their contract using the facility accessible via the account management software (WodBoard). In either instance the 30 day notice period will always apply.
Verbal, text or communication using any messaging service will not be accepted as a correct means of termination.
Suspension of membership:
Suspension of membership is not generally permitted.
Suspension of membership where the customer is injured will be considered by Motus Strength Ltd. The nature and circumstances of the injury will be taken into account and a set period of suspension will be offered where Motus Strength Ltd conclude that continuing physical activity will be detrimental to the customer. For any injury suspension to be considered Motus Strength Ltd require a written statement from the customer detailing the nature of the injury, any treatment involved and any details of medical intervention/s.
Class cancellations and unused classes:
All classes must be booked electronically via the WodBoard app. A one hour cancellation policy operates for all class bookings. This means that if a class is cancelled within 60 minutes of its start time the session will be fore fit and deducted from that members class/session total for that given billing month.
Any classes that are not used up in any given billing month will not roll over to subsequent month/s. classes may be used at any time during the ailing month with no restriction on daily/weekly usage.
Classes and any other services included in this membership package are strictly non-transferable and as such may only be used by the customer named on the membership agreement.
Motus Strength Ltd - COVID 19 procedures and guidelines
Motus Strength Ltd
Customer advice, guidelines and procedures for post lockdown gym attendance.
Section 1. Government guidelines and general advice.
Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
• a high temperature
• a new, continuous cough
• a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
The advice for everyone is to follow this guidance.
1 The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough or a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
2 If you develop these symptoms, however mild, or you have received a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, then you should immediately self-isolate stay at home for at least 7 days from when your symptoms started. If you live with others, all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. See the stay at home guidance and this explanatory diagram for further information.
3 You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online service. If you have do not have internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
4 If you have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you should arrange a test by visiting NHS.UK, or contact 119 via telephone if you do not have internet access.
5 Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and water or hand sanitiser, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, before you eat or handle food, or when you get to work or arrive home
6 Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when you cough or sneeze. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze into the crook of your elbow, not into your hand. Dispose of tissues into a disposable rubbish bag and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser.
7 If you can, wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces where social distancing isn’t possible and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. Social distancing, hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes, remain the most important measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Face coverings do not replace these. See the staying safe outside your home guidance, and you can find guidance on how to wear and make a cloth face covering.
8 Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
At the current time and based on our understanding of what is known so far, COVID-19 can make anyone seriously ill, but for some people the risk is higher. You can find more information on higher risk groups on NHS.UK. As more information emerges, recommendations may change.
Section 2. Use of Motus Strength.
Please read the following carefully. Your safe use of the gym and the safety of other facility users will depend on your cooperation.
Should you test positive for Covid 19, you must inform us ASAP after the positive test. If you have been present at the gym at any point within 7 days of a positive test we will take all necessary action as outlined by the current government/nhs guidelines. This action may include notifying all other facility users and, if required, closing the facility.
Our booking system will allow us to monitor each and every individual attendance. Should we be informed that one of our customers has tested positive for Covid 19, we will contact you with specific advice relative to the most recent Government and NHS guidelines. It may be required that under these circumstances you will be required to self isolate.
All attendance must be pre-booked using WodBoard. The booking window will close 15 minutes prior to the start of each class or session. If the class or session is not booked prior to 15 minutes before its scheduled start time, attendance will not be permitted.
Please do not arrive at the gym unless you have a booking for a class, open gym session or personal training appointment.
Arrival at the gym.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival. The entry hand sanitising station will be located at reception.
- Please DO NOT arrive at the gym more then 10 minutes prior to the start time of your class or session.
- Please pass through the reception area as quickly as possible. Only 2 people will be allowed in the reception area at any one time.
- If using the upstairs changing rooms. A maximum of 3 people are allowed in the female and 2 people in the male changing rooms at any one time.
- Where possible arrive ready to train with a minimum of belongings.
- All belongings MUST be left either in the changing rooms, lockers or mezzanine landing.
No bags, coats may be left on the gym floor during your visit.
- Please move through the reception, changing rooms and common walkways quickly and without stopping. Avoid passing on the stairway and try to achieve a minimum of 1M+ social distancing at all times.
- When ready to enter the gym floor, access via the reception entrance, under the new pull-up bar.
- There will be an allocated waiting area on the gym floor. Please observe 1m+ social distancing whist waiting for your class or session to start.
- Please do not use the back exit to enter the gym. The fire door may be pen for ventilation purposes but please refrain from using it as a means of gym floor access.
We have put several measures in place to maximise the available gym floor space for safe, active use. It is essential that the gym floor remains uncluttered and unobstructed.
ONLY equipment essential for workout purposes will be allowed onto the gym floor.
- Please prepare your equipment prior to your visit and use a small bag if necessary.
- Please do not attempt to bring bicycles into the gym. Use the racks outside. Under no circumstances will bikes be allowed into the gym.
Food and beverages.
- Consuming of any food/snacks on the gym floor is not permitted.
- Please do dot bring or consume any foodstuffs of any kind to the gym.
- Please prepare adequately before your visit and/or save any post-workout food for after you have left the premises.
- Consuming of drinks. Only drinks contained in a sealable container are allowed on the premises.
-Please do not bring take away coffee or hot drinks in non-sealable cups or bottles.
- As and when we return to selling drinks/snacks, all purchases will have to be made with contactless payments. No cash will be accepted for any purchase.
- You are permitted to use chalk whilst working out if the following conditions are met.
- You must bring a sealable bag or container to contain your own personal supply of chalk.
- Your chalk must be sealed inside your container when not in use.
- Only blocks of dry powder chalk or a chalk balls are allowed.
- NO use of liquid chalk is permitted.
- We will provide you with a small amount of chalk if you provide a suitable bag or container.
- Blocks of chalk can not be left on the gym floor under any circumstances.
General gym usage and equipment sanitation.
- We have scheduled time between all session to allow for equipment cleaning and sanitation.
- Cleaning and sanitisation materials will be available for your use to clean all equipment used during your session.
- Please bring your own sweat towel and use as required.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times whilst training on the gym floor.
- All coaching will be socially distanced, the coach will not attempt to make any contact with you or your equipment unless acutely required for your immediate safety or that of other gym users.
Allocated hand sanitising stations.
- The gym will operate 2 main sanitisation points.
- One is the entry sanitisation station at reception.
- The second is in the accessibility/disabled toilet. This will be the allocated post workout hand wash and sanitisation point.
- Additional hand washing stations will also be present, along with sanitiser, in both male and female changing rooms and both WCs.
- Regular checks will be made but please let any member of staff know if any of the above stations are missing either hand sanitiser, soap or if the rubbish bin provided is filling up.
Post workout/leaving the gym.
- When making your way off the gym floor please use the under stairs corridor which takes you past the allocated hand wash stations. Please make use of these on your way out.
- Please attempt to have vacated the premises no more than 5 minutes after the finishing time of your class or session.
- Move quickly through the reception, corridors and changing rooms.
- Please do not shower. The showers will be out of service until social distancing procedures are removed.
- Wipe/sanitise any locker space if used.
- DO NOT leave any personal equipment at the gym.
- Exit via the front door, maintaining 1m+ social distancing.
Please enter your payment details below: